Camp SMILE is a residential camp for individuals with disabilities, five to fifty years old, and their siblings. We offer a unique one-to-one camper-to-counselor ratio which helps campers adjust to life outside their normal routine and helps foster genuine relationships between campers and counselors.
With adapted rules and specialized equipment, Camp SMILE is able to offer an array of activities, including: swimming, boating, fishing, arts & crafts, horseback riding, zip-lines, archery and much more.
Camp SMILE is about changing lives: campers enjoy the freedom of the outdoors; families receive a much needed period of respite; and volunteers enjoy an unforgettable experience! There is truly no limit to the adventure!
Camp SMILE offers three types of programs:
1) Summer Camp
- Four one-week, age-specific sessions
- Typically held the last week of June and the first three weeks of July
2) Respite Weekends
- Fall: This weekend is for campers ages 13-25 and is typically held in September or October.
- Spring: This weekend is for campers, ages 5-16, and their families. It is held in March or April and is
great way for families to see if their child is ready for summer camp.
3) Camp Socials
- Get-togethers and parties held periodically throughout the school year